Pages

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Secular Jinnah and the National Anthem

On the right you see the titles of two new publications that have just hit the stalls in Pakistan:
  • پاکستان کا قومی ترانہ از عقیل عباس جعفری
  • Secular Jinnah and Pakistan by Slaeena Karim
On the face value they may not seem to have anything in common, since one is just about the national anthem of Pakistan whereas the other seems to have a broader scope as it might be telling us all about Quaid-i-Azam’s vision of Pakistan. Personally, however, I see these two books as interconnected (but I am not suggesting in any way that the authors would also agree with this). This will be discussed in the next post.

1 comment:

ReeBz said...

what is this sir?
Well i haven't heard about these books,so i cant guess their popularity level.But seriously it has boiled my blood with anger.I don't know what these books are all about as I haven't read them yet, but titles of the books are telling the whole stories themselves..
I m waiting for your next posts/review of these books.